Monday, March 28, 2011

Introduction & Welcome

Ever since Mugsy (see sidebar) joined our family, I started to notice Boston Terriers emerging from the woodwork; they appear in commercials, magazine ads, books, artwork, craft, movies, etc. They seem to be everywhere. I'm not entirely sure if they've just generally increased in popularity since the time period when we adopted him, or if as a result of having him I just began to really take note of their appearance. It always makes me smile to see them and brings back fond memories of our first Boston Terrier. As a result of his influence and the affection I still hold for him, I tend to refer to dogs of his breed as "Mugsy dogs," hence the title of this blog. While Mugsy has passed on, his mantle of canine silliness has been bequeathed to our two younger Boston Terriers, Kali and Tigger.

This blog is a place for me to highlight all of my sightings of various Mugsy dogs in popular culture, media of all kinds, art, and craft. If you happen to also love this wonderful breed, I hope you'll drop by from time to time to see what new Mugsy dog sightings I've documented, and if you have sighted some Mugsy dogs yourself please feel free to comment and let me know about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment