Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Movie Sighting: Tron Legacy

I was dragged along to see the new Tron movie by my boyfriend. Since I'm the one with the Netflix account and I often get unusual foreign and/or period drama pieces, I suppose it was my turn to sit through a movie I really had no interest in seeing. Actually, it was better than I thought it would be (the soundtrack by Daft Punk was really energizing), but what really was a pleasant surprise was Marv, the main character's Boston Terrier rescue. He only makes short appearances in the beginning of the film which is a shame because it would be interesting to see what kind of illuminated doggy outfit they could have made for his persona on the Grid.

Although I have not seen the original Tron film, I've been told I'm not missing much. Tron Legacy stands well on its own, but I wonder if the original film might have also been made better with the inclusion of a Mugsy dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment